How to apply for undergraduate studies (first cycle) in Greece
If you plan to enroll in full time undergraduate studies (first cycle) at a higher education institution in Greece, you will have to submit your application through the Hellenic Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs as explained below:
01Prepare all the necessary documentation you will be asked to prove you qualify for higher education studies. The documents you have to prepare are listed below:
- Two passport-sized photos
- The original school leaving certificate ratified by the competent educational authority of your home country
- A certificate of the total grade point average (GPA). This is the average grade point you obtained at upper secondary school in combination with the results you obtained at the entry examinations in your home country. Please, observe, that you must have a minimum grade point of 10 out of 20 according to the Greek grading system in order to be eligible for higher education studies in Greece.
To learn how you would score in the Greek system, you may check the information about the Greek grading system or the European grades comparison chart.
- A certificate to show not only your citizenship and origin, but also your parents' citizenship and origin
- A certificate issued by the competent educational authority or diplomatic authority to confirm you qualify for higher education studies in your home country
- An official statement to show that you haven't been enrolled in higher education studies in Greece previously or you don't hold a degree from a Greek higher education institution
Please, pay to attention to the fact that all documents must be translated into Greek and ratified for their authenticity by a Greek diplomatic authority abroad or by the Translation Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Greece.
02Once you have gathered all the necessary documentation, you will have to hand in all the documents in person at the following address:
Hellenic Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs
37 Andrea Papandreou Str.
151 80 – Marousi
[Visit the Hellenic Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs]
03The day you submit all the documents described above, you will be given an application form to indicate the institution and department you are interested in.
How to apply for graduate studies (second and third cycle) in Greece
Applications for graduate studies (second and third cycle) must be sent directly to the institution where you would like to enroll. In general, the application form is available for download at the study program or course website or upon request to the department responsible for the course.
Please, note that your grade point average from previous studies will be considered when evaluating your application. In general, an average grade point of 7,5 out of 10 is usually required in order to qualify for graduate studies in Greece. [Learn more about admission requirements for studies at higher education in Greece]
Sources: Eurydice database (Eurydice is an international educational database developed by the European Commission and Member States of the European Union with the aim of facilitating and improving the understanding of the different educational systems in Europe).
Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs, General Instructions for the Admission to Higher Education in Greece